Primary Objective: The Communications Manager is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for developing and implementing a strategic communication and marketing program for Hunger at Home. This position works in tandem with the Development Team, supporting the work and goals of the organization’s fundraising efforts.
* Prepare and implement a comprehensive communications plan that outlines strategies and tactics to engage and inform key stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, and community partners.
* Develop and oversee Hunger at Home’s social media strategy and content. Strengthen Hunger at Home’s social media presence on various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to reach a wider audience.
* Write content for and coordinate e‐newsletters, e‐blasts, and the website.
* Work closely with the Hunger at Home Development Team on donor communications and engagement.
* Oversee the development of collateral, graphics, website, and other communication tools.
* Develop materials and communications to successfully market key Hunger at Home events, including the annual Bridge the Gap Gala. Provide support at events, including live‐streaming, taking photos, and serving as a media liaison.
* Monitor news stories and develop proactive media stories to raise awareness of Hunger at Home and its key activities and initiatives.
* Incorporate the use of videos and broadcasting tools to inform and educate the public about Hunger at Home.
* Help manage key marketing vendors, including graphic designer, webmaster, printer, etc.
* Project manage all communications activities and initiatives inside and outside the organization.
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or a similar field is preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the education requirement.
* Minimum of four to five years of relevant work experience. Nonprofit work or volunteer experience is ideal.
* Experience and/or a strong interest in food insecurity, homelessness, and sustainability is an expectation.
* Ability to learn, speak, and write compellingly about topics in Hunger at Home’s voice is critical.
* Must possess excellent communication skills, including both writing for and speaking with a variety of audiences, including the public, reporters, elected officials, and other stakeholders.
* Experience with social media as a creative marketing tool for messaging and engagement is required.
* Must have a start‐up attitude, be well organized at handling multiple tasks, work well in a team environment, and have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
* Part-time 20 hours per week, independent contractor.
* Must occasionally be available to work some evenings and weekends.
* Must be willing to work in the office or in the field one day per week.
Salary: $3,000 – $4,000 per month, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.